Church-O-Rama

the good, the bad, and the ugly

Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm not giving you the Finger:
A word of advice to fellow latent guitar players...
Well I did a 2 hour Intercession set at the Abington IHOP yesterday afternoon. It was great. For the record there is no IHOP in Philly or the suburbs that I am aware of at this time, my location happened to be the very spot where Abington vs. USA was determined over 40 years ago, Abington High School. This ruling effectively gave not just school-sponsored prayer the boot, but theoretically made ANY prayer illegal.

So I risked arrest by doing a prayer slot at the high school. Not really I suppose. I would like to think that my set was so anointed that the cops would have picked me up but apparently not.

Anyhow, what you are seeing is what happens when you do a 2 hour set on your guitar after not playing it at all for a month, and not playing it regularly for about 4 months. This massive blister appeared upon my middle finger minutes after the end of my set. Don't try this at home!

0 Comments:

<< Home